The Storm LED Series has been tested by us, in a small Secret Jardin Hydro Shoot 60 with a Storm LED 250, and it brought down the grow tent’s internal temperature by 35,6°F / 2°C. As experienced growers know, that’s a temperature reduction that can save an entire grow during a hot summer.
Heat also makes Quantum Board LED panels (and LED technology in general) work less efficient, causing them to produce less light. Taking the hot LED driver(s) out of your grow op, will result in the following:
- Your grow op will run cooler;
- Your LED grow light(s) will work more efficient and thus produce more light;
- More light = bigger yields!
Storm LED ControlBox
The Storm LED Series includes our Storm LED ControlBox. The Storm LED ControlBox has a Storm LED controller, which enables you to control the following advanced LED grow light settings that closely mimic natural light properties (e.g. natural sunsets/sunrises rather than just on/off, minimizing plant stress):
- Manual sunrise/sunset time;
- Geolocated sunrise/sunset;
- Staggered sunrise/set delays;
- Moon/lunar phase simulation;
- SmoothRamp dimming;
- SmoothRamp clouds;
- Cloud channel clustering;
- Lightning storm effects.
The Storm LED ControlBox also has a digital power meter, which allows for very precise LED dimming (per single watt!) and power usage monitoring. It houses all electronics, such as the LED driver, and enables you to control your LED grow light from outside your grow op, as the ControlBox is connected to the LED fixture with 16.40ft / 5m of cable. This has several advantages:
- No more hot LED driver(s) in your grow op means a cooler grow op;
- Control your LED grow light without having to access your grow op;
- The LED fixture has a lower profile (approx. 2.35inch / 60mm) without the LED driver bolted on top of it and thus saves you some precious vertical growth space;
- The LED fixture is lighter without the rather heavy LED driver bolted on top of it.
Water-Cooled Quantum Board LED Grow Lights
Though LED grow lights run cooler than any other grow light technology, they still generate quite a bit of heat. Especially once the wattage goes beyond 200 watts and when you’re using a small grow op, heat issues might arise and start causing trouble for your grow op’s microclimate and ultimately your crop. Too much heat leads to reduced yields and potency or, at worst, ends your entire grow completely.
Since we’re always trying to run things as cool as possible, we’ve developed water-cooled quantum board LED grow lights. As water cooling offers several advantages over passive/active air cooling:
- Water cooling releases less heat in your grow op’s microclimate / air, as the water basically pumps the heat out of your grow op;
- Water cooling keeps your quantum board LED panels cooler than air cooling, making them work more efficiently, which means more light, higher yields and increased potency;
- Water cooling can help prevent heat issues for your crop and, as such, lead to higher yields and increased potency;
- Water cooling runs cool and silent.
If you order water cooling, please note that the following is NOT supplied:
- A water pump;
- Tubing to connect a water tank, water pump and/or chiller.
Total wattage: 600 watt
LED driver: Mean Well HLG-600H-48B
White LED diodes: Samsung LM301H
660nm LED diodes: CREE
LED control: Storm LED controller
Cooling: passive cooling
Hanging kit included: yes (rope ratchets, carabiners etc)
Fixture dimensions (H*W*L): 2.55*34.64*37inch / 65*880*940mm
ControlBox dimensions (H*W*L): 23.42*11.81*11.81inch / 595*300*300mm